1 hr 10 mins
We just can't get enough of this in our house...it's such a comfort food. There are many versions of this recipe and I came up with this after finding out how to make the most delicious mashed potatoes ever and then combining that with the shepperd's pie and the result is scrumptious! This recipe can be made ahead and refridgerated or frozen and then you can pop it in the oven for an easy weeknight meal. I usually make it all in one day because we can't wait to eat it. Cooking times listed below are for making it the same day and would have to be adjusted if frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn, boiled and drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic.
- 2Reduce heat and add seasoning (salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you like).
- 3Drain fat and crumble beef into a casserole or baking dish and pat down firmly. Set aside.
- 4Spoon cooked, drained corn in a thin, even layer on top of beef. Set aside.
- 5Meanwhile, boil potatoes. (I like to add 2 whole garlic cloves half way through)
- 6When potatoes are done drain water, add butter, sour cream, cream cheese and salt and pepper. Mash together, add milk if necessary. Carefully dollop spoonfuls of the mashed potatoes evenly over evenly over the beef and smooth down with a buttered spoon. (At this point you can refridgerate or freeze until ready to use if you like)
- 7Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until mashed potatoes are light golden brown.
- 8Sometimes I add a little bit of shredded cheese on top about 5 minutes before it comes out of the oven to give it a different taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danielle's Shepperd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.3
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 97.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with garlic and herbs