Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Danielle gave me this recipe and we just love it! Very easy for a weeknight!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 diced onions
- 15 slices pancetta, diced
- 2 hot cherry peppers, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian tomatoes
- parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- In a large pan, sauté the two onions until they become transparent.
- Add the pancetta and stir.
- Add the two hot peppers and stir.
- Add the red wine and stir until the wine evaporates a bit.
- Add the two cans of Italian tomatoes (only one with the juice) and stir. Add pepper to taste.
- Let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the spaghetti until al dente.
- Serve on spaghetti with some parmesan.
Great pasta dish..halved it and did not change a thing exept for sprinkling it with fresh parsley before serving, thanks!
easy and so tasty, I used cherry tomatoes that I had frozen in my freezer from my summers crop and also added in 2 tablespoons fresh garlic and 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes, I let mine simmer for about 1 hour then served over rigatoni pasta for a wonderful weekend lunch my DS enjoyed, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
Oh, this is very good. I didn't have any pancetta so I substituted bacon and I think it turned out very well. I love the slight bite from the hot cherry peppers! My family really loved this, too. Thanks for sharing.