Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I wanted tender meat with a bbq charred finish. So I stuffed the skewers of meat into my tiny slow cooker for 4 hours then grilled them for 1 minute on each side. Tender meaty goodness. Be sure to use large chunk pineapple not tidbits! Try this recipe with cubed pork! It's great too!
- First rinse chicken in cold water. Take a bamboo skewer and set it inside your crock. Trim it to size. (My cooker is tiny, so I have to stand them up and then trim them shorter.).
- Season meat with salt pepper and your favorite spice blend. I use a greek blend.
- Skewer meat alternating with pineapple and green pepper.
- Cook on high for 4 hours OR on low temp for 8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and brush with Chicken n' Rib BBQ sauce.
- Grill or BBQ at high temp, for 1 min on each side.
- Serve with your choice of salad and side dish. (I like this recipe with basmati rice and a mandarin orange, almond and romaine salad).
I ended up charring the meat a little too much! But it was great! Be careful not to grill too long! My smaller sized kebabs got a little too dry. But the bigger ones were great! Thank you again!