This was given to me by my SIL Daniela who learned it from her father. I have never had stuffing so good. It will be our traditional stuffing each Thanksgiving from now on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop apples to bite size pieces.
- 2Cut celery stalks to small bits, include tops and leaves.
- 3Chop onion to small pieces.
- 4Remove leaves from stems of thyme and rosemary, chop fine.
- 5Decrust bread. (Can save crusts for making croutons) Cut bread into small cubes.
- 6Soften currants for about five minutes in a little water, then drain.
- 7Butter or grease a baking dish. Add bread, then vegetables, currants and herbs.
- 8Cut butter into many pats. Place evenly around pan.
- 9Bake dish in oven at 350 till golden. About 20 to 30 minutes, checking halfway to stir.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Daniela's Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.3
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 754.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs