Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from www.marthafry.org as we were wanting creative fasting ideas. I love to cook, so the challenge was to find things outside the water and veggies mentality. Hope you enjoy!!
- 32 ounces vegetable broth (central market)
- 8 ounces salsa (I made homemade ... but pico de gallo works too, or organic unsweetened)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (check can for no added sugar... walmart GV brand doesn't have sugar)
- Cook on stove top for 30 minutes. Prepare the night before.
- I added a little ground comino (cumin) to it to add a more mexican flare).
- You can also get creative and add hominy, or pinto beans. It's very versitile.