Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great breakfast that's hearty, sweet and has no processed sugar! Perfect if your on the Daniel Fast.
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- Transfer to an 8 by 8-inch baking dish that has been lightly rubbed with olive oil. Pour oatmeal mixture into dish.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until slightly browned and crispy on top.
I love this recipe. This is not your grandma's oatmeal but a great healthy alternative to your run of the mill oatmeal. I did modify it just a bit. Instead of dried apricots I pealed and chopped fresh apricots. Also instead of walnuts I used chopped raw whole almonds. This is a great breakfast for the Daniel Fast or as part of any diet or eating plan. It's naturally sweetened but not overly sweet. It's just right and oh so good for you. I'm so happy I found this recipe.
It was ok. About as good as oatmeal can be without butter or sugar. (Which you can't have on the daniel fast). Though it wasn't sweet enough for my husband. He said it was plain, kind of like eating dirt... Soo I guess it depends on how you like your oatmeal to begin with.