1/2 Photos of Dangerously Delicious Dark-Chocolate Bailey's Cupcakes
Cheeky Panda's Note:
These are my most "dangerous" cupcakes that I have recently been experimenting with because they pose a triple threat: -Bailey's in the moist cake -Bailey's in the creamy frosting -and finally, they're sooo good and moist that you won't be able to eat just one, and you just might eat the entire batch in one sitting! (assuming, of course, that there is even any batter left over to bake!) The dark-chocolate cake has a hint of Bailey's in the batter, but the frosting I made a tad bit too strong. If you are a light-weight like myself, I would suggest cutting down the Bailey's in the frosting down to 2 teaspoons-1 tablespoon and adding a bit more coffee. Or you can eliminate the Bailey's in the frosting all-together and add a Tablespoon of coffee and make a yummy coffee frosting for these "bad boys".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur (Baileys)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 -4 teaspoons coffee liqueur (Baileys)
- 2 -3 cups powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Mix together flour. cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, and egg until smooth.
- 4Whisk in flour and buttermilk, alternating between the two.
- 5Add Baileys.
- 6Scoop batter into 12 cupcake liners.
- 7Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- 8Frosting: Beat the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Add the Bailey's, coffee, and half of the confectioner's sugar and beat until smooth.
- 9Add the second half of the sugar and beat until smooth.
Browse Our Top Sweet Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dangerously Delicious Dark-Chocolate Bailey's Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.6
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 178.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g