Recipe by Poll_of_the_Purple_Ilk
"A delicious blending of dark sweet cherries and deep chocolate fudge" I am a fan of a mystery series featuring a caterer as the main character. They have mentioned a cherry chocolate fudge in all the books that I have read so far in the series, but the recipe so far has not been given. I kept wanting a piece of that fudge. So I decided to wing it , and this is the final result. My husband is not big on chocolate of any kind, and I can't have much of it since I am diabetic. I save out about nine pieces that I ration out over a couple of weeks for me, then I put the word out to friends and relatives to "Save me from myself". They don't waste any time getting here to remove the temptation.
- 20 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 13 fluid ounces evaporated milk
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark sweet dried cherries
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped hazelnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop dried cherries.
- Food processor works best for this.
- Toss with almond extract.
- Weigh out chocolate chips.
- Combine evaporated milk, marshmallow cream, sugar,& butter in 4 quart saucepan.
- Cook over med.
- heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil; boil& stir 8 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Chocolate Chips beating until completely melted.
- Blend in chopped cherriesand toasted nuts.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 9x13 cake pan.
- Let sit until set.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.
- Should sit several hours or over night to let the flavor of the cherries permeate the fudge.