Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of the best cookies I've ever eaten.
- 11 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans, broken
- Melt 11 ounces of chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler. Cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until slightly thickened.
- Add the chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour mixture.
- By hand stir in the remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto lightly greased baking sheet, spacing cookies about 3 inches apart since they really spread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Remove to rake and cool.
- Note: if dough is too thin, place in fridge for 20=30 minutes before baking.