Recipe by RubberDucky AU
This recipe is from a CSR brown sugar bag. Dangerous. Do Not Bake unless you can afford to gain weight! Very more-ish, chewy yet crisp, the original recipe made 30 but who in their right mind messes a kitchen for 30 biscuits!? This recipe makes 100 large teenage sized bikkies. Don't say you weren't warned.
Top Review by april_diamond6
Yum cookies! I changed the ingredients for mine... I don't like peanut butter so that was out and I like my cookies a bit fluffier so I put more self raising than plain flour I only made 50 cookies i.e. I used 2 cups of self raising and 1 of plain, They were yum!
- 500 g butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 750 g chocolate chips (white and milk is nice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 180°C Prepare trays.
- Combine butter and peanut butter in small saucepan over medium head, stir until melted and well combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl, cool 5 mins, add brown sugar and eggs, mix well. Add combined sifted flours, oats and choc bits. Mix well.
- Roll spoonfuls of mixture into balls, choose the sizing that suits you. Place onto trays, flatten slightly with palm of hand. I like to freeze half the mixture in balls ready for a superquick bikkie fix another day.
- Bake 12-14 mins or until golden and firm yet still some give. Stand 5 mins on tray before transferring to wire rack to cool.