Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I ran across this on the Food Network website. It got great reviews so I thought I'd post it here so I can try it later.
- 1 (8 ounce) package soba noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or julienned
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced or julienned
- 5 green onions, bottom 4 inches, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1⁄2 cup bok choy, julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
- 4 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, for garnish
- In a medium stock pot, boil water, add salt and cook noodles. When finished, place noodles in ice water bath to cool. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, hot chili oil, hoisn and extra-virgin olive oil. Mix thoroughly and then combine with vegetables and noodles.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and peanuts.
Made this yesterday for Zaar Cookbook tag and it was quite delicious! I did add some brown sugar (about 2 Tbls.) and a little garlic and grated ginger to the dressing...DH and I like a little sweetness. It does make a lot! I didn't have bok choy so I added some cut pea pods to the dish for a few more vegetables and followed the rest of the instructions. Definately one I will fix again. Thank you. P.S. I topped it off with some sauteed shrimp for a complete meal.
Great salad. Loved the dressing and all of the vegetables. It is quick and easy to fix and went great with Asian Flank Steak.