Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
From the Behrendsen family. These are fluffy and really different from heavy floury dumplings.
Top Review by 5thCourse
These are indeed different...I only made half this recipe which made a huge batch. I don't know what size they're usually made, I pushed the dough off into the chicken soup from a soupspoon. That size they did not need to cook very long at all. When I added the flour to the hot water, it thickened right away without further cooking. The eggs mixed in easy and made a very smooth paste. The reason for the missing star is they don't have any texture. They are very light, you don't even need to chew, but I think this is just a matter of personal taste:)
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan, heat butter and water over med-low heat until butter melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour.
- Return to med-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add the eggs, 3 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in a dash of salt.
- Drop dumplings into boiling soup.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes with lid off.