Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from an old 1940's recipe book. I love the taste of the sauce. It is very predictable.
Make and share this Dandy Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Use 1 Quart glass or enamel sauce pan.
- Combine pineapple, sugar green pepper, pimiento, garlic, vinegar, 1/4 cup water, the soy sauce, and Tabasco.
- Mix and heat slowly 5 minutes.
- Remove garlic.
- Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup of water until smooth.
- Stir into hot mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear, about 5 minutes' boiling.
- Makes 4 main-dish servings or 6 or more appetizer servings.
- Serve with fried Shrimp, or a dip for Chicken Fingers or strips.
- Add rice for a main meal.
Delicious sauce easy to make only takes minutes to prepare, I served it with garlic pork-bite size pieces. To night I will serve it with stir fried beef over noodles. I am going to try to freeze a small jar and see if that will work Thanks annie chambers for a very tasty recipe