1/2 Photos of Dandy Sweet and Sour Sauce
annie chambers's Note:
This came from an old 1940's recipe book. I love the taste of the sauce. It is very predictable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use 1 Quart glass or enamel sauce pan.
- 2Combine pineapple, sugar green pepper, pimiento, garlic, vinegar, 1/4 cup water, the soy sauce, and Tabasco.
- 3Mix and heat slowly 5 minutes.
- 4Remove garlic.
- 5Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup of water until smooth.
- 6Stir into hot mixture.
- 7Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear, about 5 minutes' boiling.
- 8Makes 4 main-dish servings or 6 or more appetizer servings.
- 9Serve with fried Shrimp, or a dip for Chicken Fingers or strips.
- 10Add rice for a main meal.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dandy Sweet and Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 514.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g