I just received an email today from Hersey's Kitchens and this was just one of the many featured recipes. You may want to see the awesome picture at the www.hersheys.com website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup hershey's cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup reese's creamy peanut butter
FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 1 (12 ounce) package hershey's special dark chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) package Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly roll pan.
- 2Combine water, butter and cocoa in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 3Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs and sour cream; beat until well blended. Add cocoa mixture; beat just until blended (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pan.
- 4Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not remove cake from pan; spread peanut butter over warm cake. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare CHOCOLATE TOPPING; carefully spread over top, covering peanut butter. Allow topping to set; cut into squares. 20 to 24 servings.
- 5CHOCOLATE TOPPING: Place 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 2 tablespoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dandy Cake
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.7
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.9 mg
- Sodium 248.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g