Recipe by Chef Otaktay
heres something fun and exciting to try out its really yummy and its another Native dish:)
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper
- 3 wild onions (red,white,green)
- 3 cups bacon grease or 3 cups lard
- 2 trout
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 bass fillets
- 2 catfish fillets
- 6 cups dandelion greens
- 2 tablespoons white sage
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- cut and clean fish.
- cut into long strips.
- chop and dice onions.
- slice lemons into thin layers.
- wash and chop up dandelion leaves.
- grease metal frying pan(so you wont burn the fish).
- put on medium heat.
- Add onions, 5-6 layers of lemon, salt,pepper,and white sage(make sure the sage is grounded up).
- Let cook about 3/4 of the way and add in the dandelion leaves.
- cook until leaves are nice and soft.
- add salt,pepper,sage again.
- add a bit of lemon juice.
- its all done when fish are golden brown.