Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Given to me by my CSA- what to do with dandelion greens!
Make and share this Dandelion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion
- 2 bunches dandelion greens (washed and chopped, without tough stems)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- melt butter in large stock pan
- add onion and flour.
- cook for 2-3 minutes.
- add greens, stir until wilted.
- Add water, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer contents of pan to blender.
- Blend until pureed.
- add light cream and honey, blend.
- Pour through fine mesh sieve to remove fibers.
- Enjoy hot or cold!