Recipe by SoupCookie
My Noni always used to tell me about eating dandelion salad during the war because they were abundant, fresh and free! Be absolutely sure the dandelions used have not come in contact with chemicals.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup dandelion flowers, unopened buds
- 2 cups young dandelion greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon till crisp. Remove from pan and drain.
- Wash flower buds and leaves and pat dry with paper towel. Cook in bacon fat until buds have opened then drain.
- Crumble bacon into medium salad bowl and add leaves and flowers. Whisk together oil, vinegar, tarragon and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over salad and toss!