Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
An Italian side dish that has a unique taste.
Make and share this Dandelion Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 bunches dandelion greens
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Clean Dandelions under running water and cut at base to free leaves. Boil for 30 minutes or until tender, drain and cool with cold water. Squeeze out all the water.
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, salt, pepper, 1/2 of Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of garlic powder.
- Using a 10" non stick frying pan, put in olive oil, place Dandelions in pan and spread out to cover the entire bottom. Using a salt shaker, salt Dandelions lightly, sprinkle 1/2 of leftover cheese and garlic powder on top of Dandelions. Turn on stove to med-high and fry for 1-2 minute Now the tricky part. For safety, put on a oven mitt, Take a dinner plate and place on top of dandelions, remove from stove and flip over the Dandelions onto plate and re-install into frying pan.
- Take mixture and pore on Dandelions starting at the edges and working your way to the center. The "pie" won't be completely covered, that's OK. Let cook for 2-4 minutes, Flip the "pie" over again and top with the remaining ingredients.
- Cut with pizza cutter and serve hot.