Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs 30 mins
Send the kids outside to collect dandelions! I have yet to try this but it sounds good!
- 4 cups dandelion flowers
- 4 cups water
- 3 lemon slices (1/4 inch thick )
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split in half
- 2 1⁄8 cups granulated sugar
- Pick dandelion flowers during the daylight while in full bloom, remove petals, then measure petals only.
- Place petals in a heavy saucepan along with the water, lemon slices, and vanilla bean.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep for 6 hours.
- Strain dandelion tea through cheesecloth and discard solids.
- Place in a heavy saucepan and bring to a low boil.
- Gradually add sugar while stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Lower heat and let simmer to desired syrupy thickness (may take up to 4 hours).
- Store in an air tight container.
- Tastes great on toast, muffins, pancakes, and biscuits.