Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Tyler Florence from a Swedish show he did. This is for the World Tour Contest! Simple to make! I can find dandelion greens in my grocery store.
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, washed, drained and trimmed
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients, up to olive oil, in a large bowl and toss together.
- In another little bowl stir together oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Pour over salad. Enjoy!
I have to much dandelion growing in my garden, but this recipe is really good!
I used really only leaves of young plants!
I did not have green onions, I used chives and fresh yellow onion instead.
I had all the ingredients on hand except green onions, so I substituted slivered red onions. It tasted quite good, although the bitter greens plus the lemon juice made it too sharp for my taste, so I sliced in a couple of ripe avocados and it was perfect! This recipe is definitely a keeper; thanks so much!
This salad was quite delicious. I had fresh dandelion greens in the fridge, that I'd cleaned to boil for a 'cooked' salad, but opted to make this instead. I've never had dandelion greens uncooked, and they were bitter, but very nice with the lemony dressing and onion and dill.