Recipe by Mrs.R
As a kid, I spent countless hours picking dandelions and putting them in cups, leaving them on the kitchen counter as a surprise for my mom. Kids LOVE dandelions, after all, they are some of the only "flowers" they are allowed to pick whenever they will. I thought this sounded like a great project for kids, and can't wait to try these cookies at the first sight of these "flowers"! From what I've heard, these are NOT very sweet. Got this from learningherbs.com Prep time does not include picking dandelions!
Top Review by Alecia Pearl
They would be a fun thing to make with your kids, and my two year old did help to find and pick them. Neither he nor I were crazy about the taste though. Not that they were bad - just not comparable I guess to any kind of cookie with chocolate in it. I like my chocolate. I was thinking they might be better with some icing or frosting on top.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached flour (whole wheat is fine)
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup dandelion flowers (just the yellow part...pull off the green part)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the oil and honey and then beat in the 2 eggs and vanilla.
- Remove the yellow flower parts from the green parts (compost the green parts).
- Stir in the flour, oatmeal, and dandelion flowers.
- Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto an oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.