Recipe by *Alia*
A drop cookie made with dandelion
Top Review by Anemone
Yum! The hardest part was pulling all the dandelion petals from the flower, but my kids loved helping me do that. This is a very nice "shortbready" cookie with a faint maple syrup taste: a bit hit in our Canadian house! :P We will be making these again soon... maybe a double batch!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dandelion flowers, just the petals, washed and patted dry
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the shortening and sugars.
- When light and fluffy, add the vanilla and egg. Beat well.
- Mix in all the dry ingredients, including the dandelion petals.
- Drop by spoonfuls or roll into balls about 1/2 inch round, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 7 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.