1/3 Photos of Dandelion Casserole
It seems like a lot of greens but they cook down to almost nothing.And if you want you can replace the dandelion with spinach. I use hot sausage which gives this a real kick, but if you rather go for mild or just use chopped beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cooked pasta
- 1/2 lb crumbled sausage
- 1 lb chopped beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 cups young stems removed dandelion greens
- 4 -6 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Blanch greens for 3 minutes and set aside.
- 2Brown meats, onion and garlic, add bread crumbs, parsley, dried herbs, salt, pepper, egg, and milk.
- 3Squeeze dandelion greens of all moisture.
- 4In a buttered casserole alternate layers of dandelions, pasta, crumbled browned meat mixture and tomato sauce.
- 5Top with cheese and bake 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- 6Garnish with hot pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese and serve with crisp fresh bread.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dandelion Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.5
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 109.9 mg
- Sodium 1949.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 34.0 g