Recipe by mollypaul
Dandelions act as a natural detoxifier and diuretic, triggering the kidneys to flush out excess salt and fluids and help the liver release toxins. This zesty spring or early summertime salad is from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 pint dandelion greens
- 4 small onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 lb swiss cheese, chopped into small pieces
- 2 eggs, hard-cooked and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash greens and drain very well; cut or tear into bite sized pieces.
- Add onions, bell pepper and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper; mix well.
- Add olive and oil and vinegar; mix thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes and eggs, mixing lightly so that they will not be mashed or broken.