Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This panini dances with flavor, it takes the idea of a po boy and marries it with grilled scampi. thanks for catching the missing lemon juice in the instructions.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 baguette
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Hollow out most of the bread from the baguette.
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, hot sauce if using and parsley,.
- As soon as butter foams add the shrimp.
- Cook shrimp for 5 minutes or until done,hopefully blackening the shrimp in the sauce.
- Fill the baguette with the shrimp and sauce.
- If using as a panini, place in a panini grill. If using as a po'boy eat it as it is.
- Enjoy with lots of napkins.
MMMMMMmmmm !!!Great lunch here !!! Left out the hot sauce though. Made on our panimi grill. Very quick , and filling. Easy and delicious. Made for Gimme 5.
Delish! Quick and easy to make too. I couldn't get the shrimp to blacken, probably because I don't use a cast iron skillet. It was delicious without blackening. I served po boy style and it was easily enough for the three of us. I added the hot sauce and it really added a nice touch. Maybe a bit more next time... Thanks for posting this, it's very yummy!
This was a terrific weeknight meal! It went together very quickly and the flavors blended perfectly. I did choose to add the hot sauce and was glad I did--in fact, next time I will probably add even more. This sauce was so good I will double it next time. I made it as a po-boy but think it would be delicious as panini too. I wish I'd doubled the whole recipe as my DH and I scarfed it up. Thanks for another winner MarraMamba!