Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This drink is best when the ingredients are fresh, ripe and in season, you will be ensured to get the best nutrional value then. This is one of my favourite juices because its quick and easy to make, boosts your energy and tastes great. I hope you will enjoy it.
- 1 melon, chilled, fresh, ripe, sweet, halved and seeded (orange flesh, or cantaloupe)
- 2 1⁄2 cups mango juice, good quality, chilled
- 4 tablespoons orange juice, cara cara, fresh squeezed, chilled
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (white or coloured, rimming for glass)
- 2 orange slices, cara cara
- 2 lime slices
- Scoop the melon flesh into a blender, add the fresh orange juice and mango juice and blend until smooth.
- Rub the lime juice on the glasses and dip in the sugar to rim the glasses.
- Pour into a chilled glass and decorate with your orange and lime slices.
Delicious! I happened to have a fresh ripe mango, so used that for the juice. I used frozen cantalope for the melon. Yum! Thanks!
Since this one was just for me, I didn't get fancy with the presentation, & still I enjoyed the great taste! However, I DO have an occasion coming up & definitely want to make it special just as the recipe shows! I used an unexpectedly nice cantaloupe for this, & combined with the other fruits, it made for a very pleasant experience! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]