1/3 Photos of Dancing Mushrooms
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Cute name for a delicious dish! Mushrooms so happy to be prepared lovingly into such a delicious dish that they DANCE with joy! Wonderful with a fresh green salad, some crusty bread and a glass of white wine. According to one reviewer, they FREEZE well to for OAMC!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, wiped clean with a damp cloth
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon basil (fresh)
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh)
- 2/3 cup white wine or 2/3 cup broth
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups pasta, cooked- 1/2 cup cooked per person
- 1Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. When the dry skillet is hot add olive oil and HALF of the butter.
- 2Slice the stems off of the mushrooms so that the bottom is flat.
- 3When butter has melted add all mushrooms cap down and allow them to cook undisturbed for 6-7 minutes so that they caramelize and are nicely browned on the bottom. Shake them around a tiny bit at first to help them not stick but if they do stick do not worry. They will release from the pan when they have properly caramelized.
- 4Turn mushrooms over and allow to brown on the stem side in the same manner. Add just a tiny bit more olive oil if needed or spray a bit with some cooking spray to keep calories down.
- 5When mushrooms have browned well on both sides add onion and garlic and saute just until the garlic releases its flavor- about one minute. Add the remaining butter, basil, rosemary and parsley and cook for one minute more, stirring constantly.
- 6Add lemon juice and wine and reduce heat to simmer (between medium low and low on my stove). Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or mushrooms are done but still firm. Add more wine if needed but try not to let all the liquid evaporate. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Note: You may wish to reserve a little of the pasta water to add to the sauce if you would like more sauce.
- 8Serve mushrooms over cooked and well drained pasta, then generously sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese on top. I like to add a pinch of fresh ground black pepper or pepper flakes to the top as well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dancing Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 64.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g