1/9 Photos of Dancing Mushrooms
Serve these wild mushrooms sauteed with garlic, shallots, and fresh herbs as an appetizer, or over pasta or grilled steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 shallots, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/4 lbs mushrooms (such as maitake, oyster, white button, or shiitake broken into clusters or sliced, about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mixed herbs (such as tarragon, rosemary, basil, oregano, and or parsley)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt or 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1In a large skillet cook garlic and shallots in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- 2Add maitake mushrooms.
- 3Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
- 4If using oyster or button mushrooms, add them during the last 6 to 8 minutes.
- 5Add shiitakes during last 4 minutes.
- 6Stir in herbs, salt, and pepper.
- 7Serve while hot.
- 8Makes 6-8 side servings.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dancing Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.3
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 103.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: