Top Review by mojo mom
These were so good. I baked my potatoes in the oven and let them cool. I had large potatoes so I was able to get 6 wedges cut from each potato. I scrapped out the potatoes and mashed them adding a little salt, pepper, butter, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and diced onions. After they baked I let them cool for a couple of minutes and then garnished with a dollup of sour cream, they were a perfect snack.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- You can add these ingredients to the mashed potato centers if desired.
- 1/3 cup milk 1/4 cup butter salt and pepper a few drops hot sauce Scrub potatoes, dry, then pierce with fork several times.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake in 375 degree oven for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out centers, leaving 1/8" potato in shell.
- Chill shells up to 2 days until ready to use for the skins.
- If desired, add the 1/3 cup milk, 1/4 cup butter, salt and pepper to use potato centers as mashed potatoes.
- When ready to prepare skins, melt the 1/3 cup butter.
- Brush shells with the butter, inside and out. Place, cut side up, on baking sheet. Bake in a 500 degree oven for 20 minutes or until brown and crisp.
- Distribute some bacon, onion, and cheese in each shell.
- Bake just until cheese melts.
- Serve hot. If the potatoes are large, you may want to cut in half crosswise before serving.
- You may want to double this recipe if you are serving several people, especially if they are hungry! Serves: 6.