Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is basically a Puppy Chow recipe but with an added ingredient which enhances the flavor. My brother was kind enough to share his recipe with me - enjoy.
- 4 1⁄2 cups Rice Chex
- 4 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter (must be butter)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (12 oz. bag)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Measure out the Chex cereal into a large bowl, set aside.
- Measure out the powdered sugar in a large plastic bag, set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt the chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet or dark - your preference), peanut butter and butter together over low heat.
- After everything is melted together and very smooth add the vanilla - mix well.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the Chex. Stir together well, making sure that all the pieces of Chex are covered in the melted chocolate.
- Pour the Chex mixture into the plastic bag with powdered sugar in it. Close bag & shake well until all the Chex pieces are coated in a layer of powdered sugar (can use more powdered sugar if you like).
- Pour into a bowl & enjoy!
I have made this with and without the vanilla and I must say I like it better with. I was using a 12oz box of Cripix and decided to go ahead and add the rest of the box (about 1 1/2 cups) as there was plenty of chocolate mixture. This recipe is really forgiving you can add a little more chocolate or peanut butter depending on your preference.
Very easy no bake dessert.
Oh this is fabulous chow. I used semisweet chips and we all liked that. The vanilla is key I think. I also added some peanuts to the mix. It was a great snack for everyone. I will make this again soon! Made and Reviewed for Spring PAC 2009. Thanks! :)