Recipe by RestonChef
I got this recipe a long time ago from the back of a cannister of baking chocolate. I have also used the splenda/sugar for baking mix, low fat cream cheese, low fat sour cream,and even eggbeaters in place of the eggs and this cheesecake still comes out rich and creamy!
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- PreHeat oven to 450°F
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter or margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Makes 1 (9-inch) crust.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; beat until blended. Beat in cocoa and flour. Add eggs, one at a time; beat just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F; continue baking 40 minutes. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan.
- Place Chocolate Chips and 2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted.
- Drizzle over top.
- Refrigerate overnight. Store covered in refrigerator.