- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large 3-quart saucepan, melt butter and blend in flour.
- Remove from heat and stir in boiling water, a little at a time.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add bouillon cubes and stir to dissove.
- Add crumbled Danish Blue Cheese, stirring as cheese is added to dissolve.
- Return to boiling and boil 10 minutes. (This is necessary to develop flavour).
- Reduce heat and add the half and half, stirring constantly.
- Heat just to boiling and serve hot, adding a spoonful of the topping to each serving.