Recipe by Petdrwife
This is a simple pate to make for any get together. Just be sure to remove the wrapper from the Braunschweiger unlike my father in law did one year and we kept wondering what the new secret ingredient was in his usually good pate.
- 1 lb braunschweiger sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese (divided)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl mix braunschweiger, 4 oz of the cream cheese, lemon juice and onion until well blended.
- Form on a plate into the shape of an football or oval if you will.
- Mix together remaining cram cheese with enough mayonnaise to make mixture a frosting consistency.
- Spread over braunschweiger mixture, chill.
- Serve with party crackers.