Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious preserve from the American heartland. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
- Pit plums, cover with water and cook until soft.
- Add raisins, orange pulp and sugar.
- Cook until smooth and thick.
- Add nuts and cook for an additional 12 to 15 minutes.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars and seal.