A delicious preserve from the American heartland. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pit plums, cover with water and cook until soft.
- 2Add raisins, orange pulp and sugar.
- 3Cook until smooth and thick.
- 4Add nuts and cook for an additional 12 to 15 minutes.
- 5Pour into hot, sterilized jars and seal.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Damson Plum Conserve
Serving Size: 1 (7012 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2604.9
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 557.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.4 g
- Sugars 493.9 g
- Protein 22.7 g