Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious and very moist cake. It is a low rising cake and do serve with optional whipped cream and berries. Thanks to a co-worker for this simple but outstanding cake.
- 125 g butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 236.59 ml ground almonds (100g)
- 59.14 ml plain flour
- 4.92-9.85 ml almond essence (depending how much you like almonds)
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy Add all other ingredients and mix well Spoon into 20cm round tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven 170 C- 180 C for 35- 40 mins or until done.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5 mins before turning out.
- When cool dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries (optional).
Loved it. I made my own almond meal using whole almonds so it had a bit of texture. Some friends reported it was a bit sweet but still enjoyed it. I thought the sweetness was fine. I used 1.5 tsp of almond essence which was quite strong. Next time I will used 1 tsp so the taste is more subtle.
This is one of the most delicious cakes I have ever eaten! My only problem was it broke when removed from the cake tin, but I think DH (who was assisting me!) didn't line the cake tin well enough! Thanks for a great recipe. Please post more.
What a wonderful cake for afternoon tea. I had just dished it up when a friend arrived so I gave her a piece, served with raspberries and cream. She loved it so much I had to print out you recipe. Congratulations on a great crowd pleaser.