Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this recipe in a local church cookbook. Any one who tries it, always asks for the recipe. So here goes.....
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (NOT IMITATION)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 3 1⁄2 ounces shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt together, set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, add oil, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour mixture, pineapple carrots, coconut, walnuts.
- Stir well.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 55 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Store in refrigerator.