Prep 7 mins
Cook 6 mins
It's not by any means health food, or good for you, but it tastes great.
- 1 loaf French bread (12 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 minced garlic cloves (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese (more less to taste, I use a combination of mozerella and mild cheddar)
- Preheat the oven to the hottest baking setting possible, mine goes to 500 degrees.
- Mix the butter, mayo, paprika, parmesan cheese, and garlic in small mixing bowl.
- Spread the mixture onto the bread evenly.
- top with shredded cheese.
- bake for 5-7 minutes on middle shelf.
Amazing! My husband surprised me with this for dinner when I got home from work and wow! The only thing he didn't use was the paprika because he was kind of trying to recreate the Davanni's Italian Cheese Bread taste today, but I'm sure that would be delicious on it too. He used mozzarella cheese and actually baked at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes instead (since I was stuck in traffic and took awhile to get home) and it still turned out perfectly. We'll be making this again and again for sure! Thank you!
This is the best cheese bread I have ever tasted! Definitely cant eat it when I get on Atkins no carb diet. LOL! Seriously I really think it is the mayo that gives it such a wonderful flavor. My whole family asked me to only make this bread and not buy store bought! Thanks so much the recipe!