This reminds me of what I grew up eating
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb flour (regular or whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk or 1 1/2 cups water
- 1Blend together flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, milk and water.
- 2Knead into dough until soft and elastic.
- 3Form into balls, rub with oil and let rest.
- 4Boil split peas in water with turmeric, salt and garlic until half cooked, about 30 minutes.
- 5Dry cumin and grind with peas and pepper.
- 6Stuff moderate amount into ball and roll out to 1/4 inch thick.
- 7Place dough on hot greased baking stove.
- 8Dab with oil, using a stick with piece of cloth at end or paper.
- 9Turn constantly until cooked, brown and puffy.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dalpuri Roti
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 520.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.5 g