Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a cake mix recipe, using white cake mix, that turns out the cutest white with black polka-dot cake! You can also make cupcakes with this for a fun kid's party or bake sale.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (margarine ok)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly grease or spray 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oats, water, milk, egg whites, oil, vanilla and almond extract. Beat 2 minutes with electric mixer on medium speed. Gently stir in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Spread evenly into pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until top springs back when pressed in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and marshmallow creme in medium bowl; mix until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cooled cake. Sprinkle with coconut, if desired, and remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.