This is a cake mix recipe, using white cake mix, that turns out the cutest white with black polka-dot cake! You can also make cupcakes with this for a fun kid's party or bake sale.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Lightly grease or spray 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, combine cake mix, oats, water, milk, egg whites, oil, vanilla and almond extract. Beat 2 minutes with electric mixer on medium speed. Gently stir in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Spread evenly into pan.
- 3Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until top springs back when pressed in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 4For frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and marshmallow creme in medium bowl; mix until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cooled cake. Sprinkle with coconut, if desired, and remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dalmation Cake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.3
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 277.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g