Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
No -- not for dogs! Once you bake these, you'll see why they are called dalmatian bars.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth; set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together sugar and eggs. Add to chocolate butter mixture and stir in vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add the nuts and 3/4 cup white chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup white chocolate chips over top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan.