Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very delicious, rich, potent eggnog. I double this to make a punchbowl full for a neighborhood party. Everyone enjoys it and it is always "disappears" by the end of the night! I use fresh/organic eggs.
- 1 dozen egg, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 pints milk
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 pint dark rum
- 1⁄2 pint brandy
- 1⁄2 pint Bourbon
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Whip egg yolks with 1 cup sugar, until stiff.
- Combine the vanilla, milk, half and half, rum, brandy bourbon and then hand mix in the whipped egg yolks/sugar mixture.
- Whip egg whites until stiff along with another ½ cup of sugar. (Hint: add the sugar once the egg whites are almost stiff, otherwise it takes a while to get the white to stiffen.).
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Fold in the whipped cream and egg white/sugar mixture.
- Let refrigerate approximately 5 hours, it can lasts for days in the refrigerator though.
- Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- NOTE: When you remove from refrigeration you will need to mix back in the foam that has separated.