1/2 Photos of Dallas Dandy Brisket
From Smoke & Spice Cookbook. If using entire brisket, double or even triple recipe. Prep time includes sitting in fridge overnight. Cook time varies depending on size of meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine spices to make a rub. Reserve 1 T rub for later. Rub brisket with remaining rub. Let sit in large ziplock in fridge overnight.
- 2Let brisket come to room temp for 45 min- 1 hr while smoker heats up to between 200-220 degrees.
- 3Smoke brisket for 3 hours.
- 4Wrap brisket in heavy duty foil, sprinkle with remaining 1 T rub and continue smoking until well-done and tender.
- 5***Note: Briskets usually take 1 1/2 hours per pound in smoker. For slicing brisket thin, get internal temp to 180-190 degrees. For fall-apart tender, get internal temp to 195-205 degrees.
- 6***Note: Trim brisket if fat is more than 1/4" thick. Make diagonal hatch marks across fat in a diamond pattern if necessary. Always smoke brisket with fat side up, the fat keeps the meat moist and juicy!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dallas Dandy Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.4
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 1911.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 39.3 g