Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe is taken from "La Cucina Italiana" Magazine, and posted for ZWT II 2006 - Italy. Dalla Rosa recommends using only the highest quality olive oil and a copper pan in order to make the cake softer.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄4 cup milk, plus more if needed
- 1 lemon, zest of, only
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the eggs in a bowl; beat in the sugar until creamy and light, then add the flour and work it inches Whisk in the olive oil, rum, milk, lemon zest and baking powder. If the batter is too stiff, whisk in a little more milk until the batter flows. Oil and dust with flour a 9" round cake pan (preferably copper) inserting an upside-down coffee cup in the center, pour batter inches.
- Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes.