Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An adaptation of Kim D's Pizzeria Pizza Sauce, this version has been perfected to match my friends and family's taste. It is better than some of the local owned pizzerias, or so I have been told by friend and family alike! When fresh herbs are available I use them, and do so by tripling the amount shown.
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 340.19 g can tomato paste (good quality like Cento)
- 314.66 ml water
- 9.85-14.78 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 88.74 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml red wine
- In a medium saucepan, sauté garlic in oil until golden.
- Add tomato paste, water, sugar, oregano, basil, cheese and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes over medium low heat.