Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These Norwegian cookies may not look real fancy but they're very delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons potato flour
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄8 cup heavy cream (whipping)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup hazelnuts or 1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix potato flour with flour and vanilla sugar, if used.
- Sift a little into the butter mixture and stir.
- Add cream, vanilla extract if used, the remaining flour and coarsely chopped nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased or parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 10-12 minutes or until light golden in color.