Recipe by Lennie
I got this recipe from my girlfriend Dale back in 1977; it was a favourite in her Scottish family. The colour is amazing!
Top Review by Teresa M
Very pretty and very good, DD loves them! I didn't know what they were supposed to taste like, but I really liked them too. DH "says" he doesn't like pickled eggs, but he hasn't tried these yet! Definite keeper, thank-you.
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 12 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced beets
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass bowl (beet juice sometimes will stain plastic), whisk together sugar, salt, vinegar and 3/4 cup of juice from the tinned beets (you can discard any remaining juice); whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- In a larger glass bowl, place peeled eggs and beets.
- Pour dressing over eggs.
- Refrigerate overnight, covered (the colour will get more intense if left a day or two longer).
- To serve, cut eggs into halves or quarters.