Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my girlfriend Dale back in 1977; it was a favourite in her Scottish family. The colour is amazing!
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 12 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced beets
- In a glass bowl (beet juice sometimes will stain plastic), whisk together sugar, salt, vinegar and 3/4 cup of juice from the tinned beets (you can discard any remaining juice); whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- In a larger glass bowl, place peeled eggs and beets.
- Pour dressing over eggs.
- Refrigerate overnight, covered (the colour will get more intense if left a day or two longer).
- To serve, cut eggs into halves or quarters.
Very pretty and very good, DD loves them! I didn't know what they were supposed to taste like, but I really liked them too. DH "says" he doesn't like pickled eggs, but he hasn't tried these yet! Definite keeper, thank-you.
Had an over abundance of eggs from our hens. This hit the spot. Easy to make, tasty, nice color. Thanks!
Thank you for an easy pickled egg recipe that DH and I both enjoy.