Recipe by Memphis Gal
Quick, Cheap and Easy. My favorite three words. When you can't think of anything to have for dinner, these are always a hit and very versatile. You can make them ahead of time, make more than you need and have lunch for the next day.
- 1 chicken breast half, per packet
- 1 tablespoon margarine, per packet
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 2 -4 small broccoli florets
- potato, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- carrots, cut into 1-inch rounds or baby carrots
- mushroom, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- For each chicken breast, you will need one -one foot piece of foil. Place the chicken breast in the center of the foil sheet, put the margarine, garlic and Italian seasoning on top of the chicken. Now add a little bit of each of the veggies to the chicken. Then fold the foil together on top and roll up the ends to form your pouch (packet) make as many as you want.
- Place each of the packets on a cookie sheet with edges, and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. To serve, I put one on each plate and unfold the packet and arrange meat and veggies on the plate as I pull out the foil from under the mixture. You will probably need to drain off the water and margarine (I usually pour part of the liquid over the whole thing for added flavor).
- And TaDa you have a quick easy and cheap full course meal. I sometimes add a small side salad with it or maybe some fresh corn on the cob that's been steamed in foil in the oven during the last 10 minutes of cooking the packets. This is always a hit with family and friends.