Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Source: NASCAR Cooks with Tabasco Brand Pepper Sauce
- 12 asparagus spears
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons country-style dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 flounder fillets or 4 sole fillets
- In a 12-inch skillet over high heat, combine asparagus, carrots, and enough water to cover vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, bread crumbs, mustard, dill and TABASCO® Sauce. Spread half of mixture on top sides of fish fillets. Top each fillet with one-fourth of cooked asparagus and carrots. Roll fish around vegetables and place seam side down in a greased 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish. Spread remaining mustard mixture on tops of fish rolls. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Makes 4 servings.
Used Tilapia. It was great. Loved the mustard sauce.
This is a very good flounder recipe, I often find the recipes for white fish don't always work well with flounder, but this one has a lovely taster with a little zing to it. Plus I love asparagus.
Simple to make and looks very nice on the plate. The dill and Dijon are a good combination. I might add some parmesan or other cheese next time. My fillets were small so I only cooked this for 10 min. in a convection oven and they were just right. I did not use the carrots but increased the amount of asparagus to 4-5 spears per fillet. Delicious!